We loved staying at the Slavka Guest House during our week in Dubrovnik. But everything wasn't perfect, so to make it easier to understand, we made a list of pros and cons:
- The View! It was amazing to see the whole city from above like you do from this apartment. The balcony of the smaller apartment is more than enough to be enjoyable by 2 people.
- The owners of the apartment (forgot their names) were very kind to us all the time, always greeted us with a smile, and even though their skill in the english language were limited, we made it work out in the best possible way. They served us with ice cold orange juice and cookies when we arrived at the room. They provided us with fresh sheets and towels as the week proceeded.
- The room was overall very comfy and nice. The bed was big and we had more than enough space to move around freely. It was bigger than we expected it to be.
- The bathroom was big and comfy aswell. It wasn't located inside the room but by passing through a corridor (doors 1 meter apart), but it wasn't shared with anyone else so that wasn't a problem.
- The trade off for the magnificient view was walking all the way up the stairs to the apartment. It was really exhausting, especially in the middle of the day. Of course this is not really a con the owners are responsible of, but it affected our stay.
(If you are going to take a taxi home, ask them to stop on the road located above the apartment and then walk down to the apartment.)
- The Airconditioning in the room was not that good. It was effective, but the fan was blowing straight onto our heads while we were laying in bed. It's easy to catch a cold this way, which we both did.
- The toilet's ventilation wasn't that good. Even though there was a window it didn'tseem to help much. It was really hot and moist in there, all the time.
Overall, we really loved this apartment and our stay there. There were some minor issues, but not enough to drag our experience down. The room and the owners were really nice, and we would recommend it to anyone!